This role is remote and location agnostic. Full time or paid via grant.
This role is suitable for a Venture Analyst / Investment Manager with an unrelenting & uncompromising passion Web3 technology. As well as having the chutzpah to scale a Grants Programme with strong support from a stellar team.
Without investing in marketing, Flare has amassed a fervent community of over 250k followers and is now focusing on doing everything it takes to attract the best entrepreneurial developer talent.
As Grants Manager you will oversee the management and application process for the Flare Foundation - Grant Programme ensuring optimal grant distribution and keeping track of portfolio milestones. Alongside appraising grant applications, you will manage relationships with grant recipients, network participants and partners.
- Well versed in management of deal-flow.
- Innate ability to spot strong founding teams and evangelise the benefits of building on Flare.
- You are able to appraise different business models across different verticals. Macro understanding & some knowledge of the potential + pitfalls of the technology is more important than financial analysis.
- Programme manager who is amazing at orchestrating the right actions and the right time.
- The ability to build meaningful relationships with grant recipients with the emphasis on regular contact, problem solving and funding management
- At least 3 years’ experience in venture capital or grant application management or corporate development and/or project management.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – good English speaker
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
How to be a stand-out candidate:
- Passionate about web3 funding mechanics / business models / DAOs.
- In-depth knowledge of how Web3 ventures grow, and their idiosyncratic characteristics compared to non-Web3 start-ups.
- Be great with Founders.
- Understanding of how to manage crypto treasury.
- Previous experience managing L1 protocol Grant Programs.
- Be well connected already within the blockchain ecosystem and know where to find the best founders.
We ask that you overlap some working hours with GMT. English is essential, other languages are a bonus.
More info: https://gitlab.com/flarenetwork/flare
Why consider Flare Network?
1. Backed by the best-investors within Web3 and experiencing hyper-growth (45k+ native wallet installs and over 340 validators / data providers applied to be whitelisted within weeks of launching the canary network Songbird.
2. On September 17th 2021, Flare Network launched the canary network Songbird.
3. A key differentiator for Flare Networks is that it is built into the codebase to be able to digest the state of other networks, giving special powers to the system that handles this that no other 'plugin' style system on Ethereum has access to.
4. Flare has developed an adaptation of Federated Byzantine Agreement, enabling Turing-complete contracts on any native blockchain without the requirement for Proof of Stake or Work. Freeing up value to get to work across the 3 main protocols as well as the other Dapps being developed across the ecosystem:
a. State-connector protocol is purpose-built for safely interpreting the state of all underlying chains. Enabling Flare to attain the existence, validity and ordering of any transaction from any underlying blockchain. The ability to prove these properties about any transaction from any chain is available freely to all Dapps on Flare, including the F-asset protocol for representing assets from other networks directly onto Flare.
b. Flare Time Series Oracle (FTSO) provides externally sourced data estimates to the Flare Network in a decentralised manner. It does so by leveraging the distributed nature of the network and its participants.
The Flare Foundation is passionate about building a vibrant and resolute ecosystem of outstanding projects building on Flare. As Grants Manager, your role is to lead the Grants programme ensuring founders have the financial and advisory support to succeed.
Please get in touch if you are interested in discussing this role.
Email: [email protected]